Fort Smith, AR Reaction to Medication Attorney


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Serving clients in Fayetteville and all of NW Arkansas


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Today, there are hundreds of medications that can be used to treat a variety of illnesses and medical conditions. For a person that already takes medication to treat a condition, it is important to avoid taking a new medication that may interact poorly with their current medication. Unfortunately, some doctors may prescribe a patient with medication without knowing whether a patient may have a negative reaction. If you or a family member suffered a poor reaction to a medication, you should consult with an experienced Fort Smith reaction to medication attorney.

Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law, is ready to help residents of Fort Smith, AR pursue an injury claim against the parties responsible for their medication injuries. To schedule a free legal consultation, contact Ken Kieklak at (479) 316-0438. You can also contact the firm online.

Liability for Injuries Caused by Reactions to Medication in Fort Smith, Arkansas

A poor reaction to medication occurs when medication interacts adversely to a patient’s body or does not mix well with other medications that a patient could be taking. For example, a patient that is taking blood thinners should never be prescribed medication that can further thin their blood as it could cause hemorrhaging or other severe injuries.

When a person has an adverse reaction to a medication, there could be multiple parties that may be liable for their injuries. One of the possible liable parties could be the doctor that prescribed the medication for their patient. Before prescribing medication to a patient, a doctor should be aware of all medications that their patient is taking. This knowledge could prevent a doctor from prescribing medication that may harm a patient once it interacts with the other medications in their system.

Under other circumstances, a doctor could prescribe medication that triggers an allergy in the patient. While it can be difficult to determine whether a patient has an allergy to a particular medication, ignoring the existence of a known allergy could make a doctor liable for a poor reaction to a medication.

Note, however, that doctors are often provided with medications from representatives of drug manufacturers. If a representative does not provide a doctor with complete information about a drug in order to increase profits, they could be held liable for a patient’s adverse reaction.

Drug manufacturers are required to thoroughly test their drugs before they are approved for consumer use by the Food and Drug Administration. However, some companies may cut corners or even submit altered data to decrease the amount of time a drug will remain in production. This often leads to hundreds or even thousands of consumers becoming ill due to the careless actions of the company.

To learn more about filing a lawsuit against a party responsible for your drug reaction injuries, you should continue reading and speak with an experienced Arkansas medical malpractice lawyer.

When to File a Reaction to Medication Lawsuit in Fort Smith, AR

If you suffered an injury due to a complication with your medication in Fort Smith, Arkansas, you should consider filing a lawsuit against the parties responsible for your injuries. Potential plaintiffs should also be aware that their case is subject to the statute of limitations.

The statute of limitations determines the length of the time that a claimant has to file a case with the court. The length of time granted by the statute of limitations is dependent upon the type of claim being filed.

In Arkansas, the statute of limitations for a medical malpractice lawsuit is two years. This means that if a claimant does not file their case within two years of the date of their injury, the risk having the court bar their claim. Specifically, the defendant in the case can request that the court dismiss the claim because the plaintiff did not file their case before the filing deadline expired.

Note, however, that a medical malpractice lawsuit would only apply to an adverse medication reaction caused by a medical practitioner. If a consumer suffered an adverse reaction to medication that was caused due to negligence by a drug manufacturer, they may have to file a different type of lawsuit to pursue damages for those injuries.

While two years is a lengthy amount of time to file a lawsuit, an experienced Fort Smith medication allergy attorney would find it easier to litigate your claim if you do not wait until the deadline is quickly approaching.

Our Experienced Fort Smith Reaction to Medication Lawyer is Here for You

If you suffered an injury due to a poor drug interaction, you should contact an experienced Fort Smith medical malpractice lawyer. Injury lawyer Ken Kieklak has fought for residents of Arkansas for years, and he would be proud to help you pursue compensation for your injuries. To schedule a free case evaluation, contact the Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law, at (479) 316-0438.

Popular Articles

How Long Do You Have to Sue a Doctor in Arkansas?

Pursuing a medical malpractice claim against a doctor can be a stressful experience. Not only do you have to manage any injuries sustained due to the doctor’s negligence, but you must also prepare for a complex malpractice claim. This can be especially demanding if...

read more

How Much Should I Settle for a Broken Ankle in Arkansas? 

Suffering a serious injury like a broken ankle can affect every aspect of a person’s life. Determining the correct amount of compensation to request in a settlement for a broken ankle can be difficult. There are a number of factors that must be considered, like...

read more

Determining Fault in a Left Turn Car Accident in Arkansas

Left turn car accidents occur more often than you might believe. There are various reasons why these types of car crashes can happen. That is why it is important to understand the cause of the accident so you can ensure you are not unjustly held at fault. If you or a...

read more