Serving clients in Fayetteville and all of NW Arkansas
When you travel throughout Arkansas and Sebastian County you expect roadways, highways, and freeways that are safe and do not subject you or your family to unnecessary risks. Unfortunately accidents do happen despite our best efforts to avoid them. Sometimes drivers can become momentarily distracted and cause a wreck. In other cases the driver may misjudge the situation, be fatigued or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In states like Arkansas where retail business, manufacturing, and farming dominate, truck traffic is often very noticeable on the state highways and interstates. However injuries are also often much more severe due to the increased mass of commercial trucks like 18-wheelers, Mack trucks, and tractor-trailers.
If you have been injured in a trucking or commercial vehicle accident, you need an attorney who will stand-up and fight the insurance company for you. For 20 years Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law has fought for Arkansans injured due to carelessness, recklessness, or negligence.
Areas and Roads of Concern
A number of high-traffic roadways and highways pass through Sebastian County. While motorist should remain aware and focused at all times, the high speeds and often high volume of traffic on these roads may require additional care. These roadways include
- Interstate 540 – I-540 is a spur of US I-40 that runs through Sebastian and Crawford counties. The roadway connects northwest Arkansas to destinations including Little Rock, Bella Vista, Rogers and continues to the Oklahoma state line.
- Interstate 49 – I-49 serves as the boundary between Rogers and Bentonville and passes through Missouri, Arkansas, and Lousianna. Between Alma and Fayetteville, Arkansas I-49 is known as the Boston Mountains Scenic Loop. Motorists on this route should be wary of slow moving vehicles who may be distracted or seeking a destination like the University of Arkansas or Fort Smith National Historic Site.
Other major highways which pass through Sebastian County include:
- State Route 10
- State Route 22
- State Route 45
- State Route 59
- State Route 96
- U.S. Highway 64
- U.S. Highway 71
- U.S. Highway 271
While motorist should remain wary on all roads, the injuries due to an accident on a highway can be particularly severe or fatal.
What Types of Injuries can Trucking Accidents Cause?
Each and every trucking accident is the product of its own unique factors, mistakes, and other circumstances that resulted in the collision. Therefore it isn’t possible to predict the exact nature and severity of injuries on might sustain, but certain injuries do occur more frequently than others. Common injuries due to trucking accidents can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – A TBI is difficult diagnosis to receive because of the often severe consequences a TBI can carry. A TBI can cause changes in one’s personality, increased aggression, problems with language and communication, trouble maintaining attention or focus, difficulty with abstract concepts and many other problems. Injuries to the brain are often life-altering or fatal.
- Bone fractures – Bone fractures can be simple or they can be complex. Simple fractures occur when there is a break to the bone but no tissue damage. A complex fracture occurs when the break is so severe that extensive soft tissue damage also occurs.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is an injury caused to the neck and spine due to rapidly changing forces. When the vehicle accelerates and decelerates following a collision the forces may cause shearing of nerve and muscle tissue.
Contact Sebastian County, Arkansas Truck Accident Attorney Ken Kieklak
Unfortunately many other serious injuries can occur as the result of a truck accident. These can also include burn injuries, spinal cord injuries, lacerations, contusions, and many other types of injury.
If you have been seriously injured or a loved one has been killed in a trucking accident, you may be entitle to monetary compensation. To schedule your free and confidential consultation call Ken Kieklak at (479) 251-7767 or contact us online.
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim against a doctor can be a stressful experience. Not only do you have to manage any injuries sustained due to the doctor’s negligence, but you must also prepare for a complex malpractice claim. This can be especially demanding if...read more
Suffering a serious injury like a broken ankle can affect every aspect of a person’s life. Determining the correct amount of compensation to request in a settlement for a broken ankle can be difficult. There are a number of factors that must be considered, like...read more
Leaving your car in a tight spot in a parking lot is enough to make any person nervous. That feeling of uneasiness is warranted if you return to find that another negligent driver seriously damaged your car. Depending on the practices of the parking lot, there may be...read more
Left turn car accidents occur more often than you might believe. There are various reasons why these types of car crashes can happen. That is why it is important to understand the cause of the accident so you can ensure you are not unjustly held at fault. If you or a...read more