Serving clients in Fayetteville and all of NW Arkansas
It is safe to say that no individual wants to get into a car, truck, or SUV accident. Unfortunately the possibility of being involved in one is simply a part of modern life. Unfortunately the potential causes of an automobile accident are numerous. Common causes of accidents include:
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Racing or engaging in speed tests
- Did not see the other vehicle
- Dangerous left-hand turn
- Rain, snow, ice or other adverse weather condition
- Failure to signal
- Vehicle defect like the GM ignition switch defect
If you have been injured in Sebastian County, Arkansas due to another driver’s inattention, negligence or other carelessness, Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law can stand up for you and fight for compensation for your injuries.
How Will My Car Insurance Work in Sebastian County?
Arkansas is a state that has an at-fault car insurance system. In an at-fault system the party that is determined to be at-fault for the accident pays for the damages of the vehicle that was not at-fault. Typically this means that the at-fault driver’s insurance company will be required to compensate the non-responsible party. While many times the compensation is paid without dispute, in some circumstances the insurance company may attempt to litigate over responsibility or the extent of damages. When dealing with the insurance company – whether it is your own or the other driver’s – it is essential to keep in mind that their interests may not align with your own. Therefore, think twice before making any statements to the insurance carrier. Ken Kieklak can handle all aspects of insurance negotiation or litigation.
What Types of Injuries are Legally Actionable After a Car Crash?
As many people rightly suspect, most legal actions following a serious car accident in Sebastian County are concerned with serious bodily injury or fatal injuries. Injuries like these are life altering, not only for the individual, but often for the injured person’s family and friends. Many serious injuries what can be the result of a car accident include:
- Broken bones – Fractured bones are not uncommon for automobile accidents. Higher speeds and more violent collisions are more likely o produce complex fractures and more serious bone injuries.
- Traumatic brain injury – Either a closed head injury or a penetrating TBI can occur in a car accident. Brain injuries are particularly damaging because they impair the control center of the body. When a brain injury occurs, nearly every bodily system can be affected. Those with a TBI often report nausea, loss of orientation ot time and place, confusion, dizziness, increased aggression, and difficulty with abstract concepts.
- Severe burns – Burns can be caused due to heat, such as if the gas tank were to ignite, or be caused by chemicals that may leak or spill following a serious collision. Burns can require extensive treatment and rehabilitation.
- Neck and spine injuries – Injuries to the neck and spine can affect one’s mobility and mental abilities. The consequences of a neck or spinal injury can range from whiplash-like symptoms like nausea and confusion to severe impairments like paralysis.
- Lacerations and bruising – The violent forces that exist in a car accident often result in serious cuts and bruises to the individual.
Put Sebastian County Car Accident Attorney Ken Kieklak to work for you
If you have suffered a serious injury in a car accident due to the negligence or recklessness of another, do not delay seeking medical attention for your injuries. Then schedule your free and confidential consultation by calling Ken Kieklak at (479) 251-7767 or contact our firm online.
Catching a foul ball or a home run hit at a baseball game can be a fantastic experience and can give you a great souvenir. However, baseballs entering the stands with the force of a professional hit can put fans and spectators at risk, especially for children or...read more
If you are involved in a car accident and the negligent driver that struck you was operating a rental car, this could make your situation more complicated. You may be left wondering whether the at-fault driver or the rental service can be held liable for your...read more
Disability benefits can come from a few different sources. If your disability insurance is paid through your work, you might be entitled to certain protections that keep you from losing your job. Other disability programs, like the SSDI program paid by the Social...read more
Claiming workers’ compensation and getting the treatment and coverage you need can be stressful. While receiving workers’ comp., you may be anxious to get back to work – or your doctor may tell you that you should return to work earlier than you might expect. In...read more