Bentonville, Arkansas Car Accident Lawyer
Being in a car accident can have short term, long term, and life-altering consequences. In the short term you may be without a reliable car for a few days while your car is being repaired, or you may suffer some immediate pain from the accident. Long-term consequences may be more severe and can include permanent physical damage, or even extended time away from work. A car accident is never a pleasant experience, particularly when it has life-altering consequences. You may have a physical impairment that affects your ability to work or drive.
If you have suffered a serious injury or if a loved one has been killed in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Compensation typically attempts to make you whole by awarding money for damages. Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law can work to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of services, damage to property and other losses.
Arkansas Car Accident Statistics
According to 2011 accident statistics, there were 1,364 auto crashes in Bentonville, Arkansas. Of those accidents, the vast majority, 1,130 or approximately 83%, resulted in only property damage. While it is a good thing that more people were not injured or killed, damage to a vehicle, land, or other property should not be imposed upon an innocent party.
However 17% of accidents did produce an injury of some type. Of the remaining crashes, 232 produced an injury or injuries while there were two fatal crashes. All in all, there were 311 motor vehicle injuries in Bentonville and 3 deaths. Unfortunately updated accident statistics do not appear to have been made publicly available on the state website for Arkansas.
Why Do Car Accidents Occur?
Accidents can occur for many reasons. Many times multiple factors combine and greatly increase the likelihood of a collision. While the following is not a comprehensive list, this list provides the most common reasons minor and serious accidents occur:
- Distracted driver
- Texting driver
- Poor visibility
- Rain or other adverse weather conditions
- Reckless driving
- Failure to signal lane changes or turns
These are but a few of the reasons why serious car and truck accidents occur in Bentonville Arkansas. Another factor that often increases the odds of a serious accident are drivers who fail to account for the characteristics of other vehicles and if the other driver is paying attention.
Types of Injuries Produced by Car Accidents
Each and every car accident is the result of a unique combination of speeds, vehicles, drivers, road conditions, weather conditions and more. While it is impossible to predict the exact nature and severity of injuries an accident will produce, some injuries are more likely to occur than others. Some of the most common injuries that drivers experience in a car accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury – A TBI is potentially one of the most devastating injuries possible. Injuries to the brain can affect or impair the functioning of all other bodily systems and functions. A traumatic brain injury can make the things you used to do difficult or impossible to accomplish. They can also lead to problems with memory, focus, attention, and other skills that allow you to be productive at work or at home. Furthermore, they can cause communication difficulties and impair the processing of information.
- Whiplash – The most common injury, whiplash can cause severe nausea or confusion. Others may report severe neck or back pain. In any case, a whiplash injury is one that is caused by the rapidly cycling forces of acceleration and deceleration. These forces cause shearing and tearing of nerve and muscle tissue resulting in whiplash signs and symptoms
- Spinal column injuries – Injuries to the spinal column, vertebrae, or spinal discs can cause significant pain and suffering. Others may lose sensation in their extremities, while some may even be paralyzed due to damage to the spine.
- Broken bones – Car accidents can produce simple or complex fractures. In general higher speeds are typically more likely to produce broken bones.
Unfortunately these injuries merely represent those that are most common. Many other injuries can and do occur as the result of drier negligence, carelessness, and recklessness.
Bentonville, Arkansas Car Accident Lawyer Ken Kieklak Is Ready to Help
If you have suffered a serious injury be sure to seek medical attention immediately. Then to schedule your free and confidential consultation, call Ken Kieklak at 479-439-1843 or contact our firm online.