Fayetteville, AR Hand and Finger Injury Lawyer
Sustaining an injury of any nature is something people want to avoid. Unfortunately, this is not the case for many individuals who by different reasons suffer an injury. For instance, having a hand or a finger injury is a painful and uncomfortable injury many people deal with on a daily basis. This type of injury not only alters the way people execute normal daily tasks but often prevents them from doing their normal job duties.
If you or a loved one have sustained a hand or finger injury due to another person’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injuries and losses. Hand and finger injuries often require ongoing medical treatment, surgeries, and therapy. Furthermore, injured individuals may need a long recovery time before returning to work. When a person is injured not only they suffer the devastating consequences, but also their families. If you were injured in Arkansas, contact Fayetteville hand and finger injury attorney Ken Kieklak today at (479) 316-0438.
What Are the Most Common Hand and Finger Injuries?
Hand and finger injuries are some of the most painful kind of injuries a person can sustain. Some of the most common hand and finger injuries include:
1. Fractures: A hand has a total of 27 bones. A hand injury from a crushing injury or heavy blow to the hand can cause any of these bones to break. Depending on the individual’s bone structure and composition, hand injuries can range from mild to severe. An individual experiencing a hand fracture will face tremendous amounts of pain and suffering and should seek immediate medical assistance.
2. Lacerations: Lacerations are cuts that can range from superficial to very deep cuts on any place in the hand. A deep laceration or cut can sever nerves and tendons causing severe damage and possible changes in an individual’s normal hand movement. Oftentimes a deep cut to the hand will need surgery, sutures, ongoing medical evaluations and physical therapy.
3. Burns: Burn injuries are among the most devastating and painful injuries. Depending on the severity of the burns, a person may need costly medical treatment, some of which are very painful, and a long recovery time in severe of cases. This type of injury can be caused by scalding liquids, chemical burns, and fire, among others.
4. Dislocation: Is not uncommon to see a hand dislocation injury when a person goes through a severe trauma such as a car accident, a slip and fall accident, or a crushing injury accident. Dislocations are painful and may require an extensive recovery time.
5. Amputation: An amputation can alter an individual’s life forever. This is true for those who have lost a finger or hand due to a catastrophic injury. Needless to say, these individuals have to face both physical and emotional trauma.
6. Soft Tissue Injury: A soft tissue injury is a kind of injury resulting from sprains and strains that can damage muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Sprains and strains are also very painful and require medical attention.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Hand and Finger Injuries?
Hand and finger injuries are more serious than many injuries. While some injuries may be superficial and take little recovery time, others can be catastrophic and may need costly medical treatments, long recovery times, and more.
Some of the most common causes of hand and finger injuries include:
• Work-Related Injuries: Hand and finger injuries may differ depending on the job. For instance, a person working in the construction industry is more prone to suffering a more serious hand or finger injury than a person working behind a desk because of the nature of the job. However, either worker may be able to claim Workers’ Compensation for work-related hand and finger injuries.
• Slip and Fall Injuries: When a slip and fall accident occurs, we usually react by putting our hands out to minimize or avoid painful contact with the floor. This increases the chance of suffering a hand injury such as a dislocation or a hand fracture.
• Car Accidents: Whether an individual suffers a low-speed accident or a high-speed accident, hand injuries can easily occur. Your hands and fingers are relatively exposed when they grip the steering wheel, and broken glass and other debris can cause injury.
• Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle riders are prone to suffer serious injuries when an accident happens due to the lack of protection. Especially if the rider does not wear protective gloves, they can easily scrape their hands or have them crushed during a motorcycle crash.
• Recreational Activities: People love recreational sports or exercise as a part of a healthy lifestyle. However, when joggers, walkers, and pedestrians are suddenly faced with an uneven road, unnoticed holes on the pavement or are forced to go through a cracked and unsafe sidewalk, they are at risk of suffering a fall that can increase the likelihood of suffering a hand or finger injury.
While this does not present an exhaustive list of the things that can cause a hand or finger injury, it can provide a general idea about the nature of this type of painful and sometimes life-altering injuries.
Our Hand and Finger Injury Attorneys Can Help
Hand and finger injuries are painful and may require costly treatments. You need to focus on recovering from your injuries, not facing the costly medical bills, the legal paperwork, or dealing with insurance companies. We can help you ease your burden by fiercely pursuing justice for your injuries as we seek the compensation you are entitled to from the responsible parties. Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law can help you with your hand and finger injury case. To schedule, a free, confidential consultation with our Fayetteville hand and finger injury attorney, call us today at (479) 316-0438.