After an accident of any sort, you may quickly receive a phone call from the other parties’ insurance representative. However, after a car accident, you may have many things on your mind such as your own personal health and well-being, the health and safety of your family, how you will pay for your medical bills. With all this on your mind, it can be bothersome and concerning to many to be approached by the other driver’s insurance company.
The problem with speaking to some of these representatives is that they can be outright bold in how they gather information and can use very inappropriate methods of obtaining information. If you have been injured in an accident, then one of the first things you should consider is hiring an experienced Fayetteville AR personal injury lawyer.
Should I Talk to A Negligent Driver’s Insurance Company?
Anyone who has been in an accident before can tell you that the insurance company for the other driver can sometimes call you even before your own does. This is particularly true when the another driver was negligent. The reason why their company may be so aggressive and adamant about speaking to you right now is that they want to try and minimize their liability and try to pay you as little as possible. While an insurance company for another driver is only concerned about themselves and covering their own liability a personal injury attorney is concerned for you and concerned about protecting your rights.
If another insurance company calls you, then you can follow the following guidelines:
- Get medical help, and remember that this is the most important thing you can do. Some companies will call people while they are in the hospital in an effort to get a statement as quickly as possible.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to someone else’s insurance company. Insurance companies will try and use recorded statements against you in court. While we do not advocate lying, it is almost impossible for a person to remember exactly what they said in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of this and show that you were negligent when in fact you were not.
- Do not talk to a negligent driver’s insurance company about your injuries. Your injuries are personal to you and therefore you do not have to share them with the other insurance company. Your insurance company may be more concerned with your injuries. However, it is a general rule of thumb that you can provide the other driver’s insurance company information about the damage sustained to your vehicle.
- Discuss the accident with your insurance company. You should discuss the accident and any injuries you have with your own insurance company. Your insurance company is concerned for you and you may be required to provide your insurance company with all the relevant information pertaining to your accident.
- Talk to an attorney about your legal rights, your injuries, and potential compensation – Hiring a personal injury attorney can be one of the most effective ways of handling insurance representatives who keep calling you. You should discuss your injuries and any damages you have sustained with your attorney, who can then advocate on your behalf to the insurance companies.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
At the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak, we believe that driver should be held accountable for their negligent actions. We handle all types of car accident cases including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Trucking and 18-wheeler Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Plane Crashes
- Fires and Explosions
- Railroad Crossing Accidents
Injured in an Accident? Contact a Fayetteville Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured, let the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak help you through this difficult time. We believe that negligent parties should be held accountable for their actions, and are experienced in all types of personal injury cases. At the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak, Ken Kieklak works to protect the rights of Arkansans injured due to the recklessness or negligence of others. If you have suffered a serious injury or a loved one has been killed, contact us by calling (479) 316-0438 or contact us online.
Disability benefits are available to many Arkansans who have serious injuries or medical conditions that make it hard for them to work. However, “disability” can mean a few different things, and it can be confusing to figure out how to get on disability and get the...
If you are applying for Social Security Disability benefits, the Social Security Administration (SSA) will require evidence regarding your medical condition to determine if you are eligible for benefits. The SSA will have a list of requested documents, but it is the...
Getting hit by an 18-wheeler is an experience no one should go through. Unfortunately, many people go through this horrifying experience. Understanding what to do after a severe truck accident in Arkansas can be challenging. This is especially true if you have never...
Amazon is one of the biggest online retailers in the world. Their quick delivery services have made them one of the top go-to online places to buy goods. However, the incredibly high demand and delivery services have caused truckers to meet stringent, tight deadlines....