Serving clients in Fayetteville and all of NW Arkansas
When you set out on the major highways or local roadways in Rogers, Arkansas and beyond, you expect a safe journey where you will not be unnecessarily exposed to danger due to negligence or recklessness. Unfortunately accidents do happen. If you have ever been involved in a serious car or truck accident, you know that the moments prior to impact can be particularly nerve wracking. You may wonder if you will be able to do the things that you enjoy or how serious your injuries may be. Some people may even wonder if they will see their children, husband, or wife again.
If you have been in a serious car accident in Rogers, Arkansas you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other damages. Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law can handle the other party’s insurance company and negotiations. We always prepare thoroughly and are willing to bring matters to trial should settlement not be in your best interests.
What Should I do After a Trucking Accident?
Before we go any further, following an accident your first concern should be your health and safety. If the vehicle is not damaged to the extent where it cannot be moved, you should move it out of the flow of traffic to prevent additional collisions and injuries. However if the vehicle is disabled or otherwise unable to be moved you should exit when it is safe and move to a safe location while you wait for emergency services to respond.
Once your safety concerns have been fully addressed, you may wish to use your cell phone to take photos or videos of the accident scene. However, once again, your health and safety is your first concern. Do not take any additional risks when attempting to capture the accident scene.
What Types of Trucking Injuries are Common?
Trucking accident can involve 18-wheelers, Mack trucks, moving vans, dump trucks, cement trucks, tractor trailers, and other commercial vehicles. Despite the variety of types of trucks that can be involved in a trucking accident, there are certain types of injuries that are more prevalent than others. Some common injuries sustained due to trucking accidents can include:
- Fractured bones – Seat belts and airbags have been credited with saving many lives. However in certain circumstances the restraint can actually cause broken ribs.
- Traumatic brain injury – The brain is the control center of the human body. When there is an injury or damage to the brain or its structures, serious consequences can result. Those who have suffered a TBI have reported increased aggression, difficulty understanding abstract concepts, communication problems, and trouble with attention and focus.
- Spinal cord injuries – Injuries to the spinal column or its vertebrae can result in extremely serious injuries. Some who suffer injuries of this type can even be fully or partially paralyzed. Others may report neck and back pain, a tingling sensation, or the loss of the ability to sense touch.
- Burn injuries – Fuel or other hazardous chemicals may leak from a ruptured fuel tank or line. If the leaking fuel or chemicals comes in contact with a flame or spark, an explosion or fire can result. Burn injuries can be due to fire or chemicals.
- Whiplash – Whiplash injuries are perhaps the most common injury for those in a car , truck or SUV accident. Whiplash can cause confusion, nausea, and many other problems.
Put a Rogers, Arkansas Truck Accident Lawyer To Work for You
The injuries caused by trucking accidents are often extremely serious and require medical attention. If you have suffered a serious injury, contact Ken Kieklak by calling (479) 251-7767 or contact us online today.
There are many possible causes of concussions and brain injuries, some of which are the result of human error or negligence. If you or someone in your family has suffered from a brain injury because of someone else’s behavior, you may be able to file a lawsuit against...read more
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves putting the patient into a pressurized chamber to help speed the healing of damaged tissue or help push extra oxygen into their system. This procedure is indicated for many purposes, but its use for newborns is quite rare in the...read more
One of the most important questions that must be answered when a person suffers a serious injury on the property of another is who is legally responsible for the injury. Premises liability law can help the victim of an accident determine whether a property owner...read more
https://www.kieklaklawfirm.com/fayetteville-back-injury-workers-compensation-lawyer/Every day, thousands of hard-working Americans go to their jobs without expecting an injury. Unfortunately, many of these people will face an accident which can keep them from...read more