Serving clients in Fayetteville and all of NW Arkansas
Insurance coverage in this day and age is extremely important. Insurance helps protect you and your family in the event of some type of injury. In some cases, a work or other related personal injury could prevent you from being able to provide for your family. If you have a form of insurance coverage through your employment or personal insurance, then you may be able to collect on your claim.
If you have attempted to collect on your insurance claim, and have been denied coverage by the insurance company, then you need to contact an attorney at the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak immediately. Time may be running out on your opportunity to collect insurance payments that are rightfully yours.
Why Was Your Claim Denied?
Insurance claims may be denied for a multitude of reasons. Understanding why your claim was denied is the first and most important step in order to determine if you have a right to dispute the denial. Some of the reasons for denying an insurance coverage claim include:
- A lapse in coverage. If you failed to pay your premium before the end of the grace period, allowing your coverage to lapse, then your claim will most likely be denied.
- A policy limitation. If the damages claimed in your injury exceed the damage limitations of your insurance policy, then your claim will most likely be denied.
- A failure in coverage. If you failed to include a piece of property under the parameters of the insurance coverage, then your claim may be denied. For example, if you buy a new vehicle and fail to notify the insurance company, then your claim may be denied.
- A fraud or misrepresentation. If the insurance company suspects that your injury had a form of fraud or misrepresentation, then your claim may be denied.
In order to determine why your insurance claim was denied, contact the insurance company directly. It is also prudent to find legal representation before contacting the insurance company so that you will better understand your rights against the insurance company moving forward.
What Can You Do If Your Claim Was Denied?
Once you have figured out why your claim was denied, then you should be able to determine any possible disputes against the insurance company. Insurance companies are often large corporations that are susceptible to mistakes, and your claim may have fallen through the cracks or may have been denied in bad faith.
Bad faith insurance claims are one example of how to dispute a wrongful insurance denial. A bad faith insurance claim is a tort claim that an insured individual may have against an insurance company for its bad acts. Insurance companies owe a duty of good faith and fair dealing to the person, persons, or entities that they insure. Therefore, if an insurance company has denied your claim, and you feel as though your claim was wrongfully denied, then you may have a bad faith insurance claim against the insurance company.
In order to decipher the context of the bad faith insurance claim, you should consult legal representation to review your claim. Other important steps to take in order to properly fight the denial include the following:
- Write the insurance company to inform them of their mistake in denial of coverage. If you have hired legal representation to fight the denial of your claim, then the attorney will handle this step for you. In the letter, you should include the reason why the insurance company improperly denied your claim and a photocopy of any relevant documentation.
- If, after a letter to the insurance company, there is no reparation of your insurance claim, then you may take action against the insurance company by filing suit. If you have hired an attorney, then he or she will certainly bring this option to your attention, and will advise you on the most effective way to proceed.
In order to fight your insurance denial claim, you need an attorney that knows how to stand up against insurance companies. Without legal representation, you may find yourself bullied or harassed by the insurance companies. Denial of insurance coverage is very common, seeing as it saves insurance companies and its subsidiaries a lot of money. Therefore, it is extremely important to find legal representation that has experience against fighting these improper denials of coverage. Contact Ken Kieklak today in order to find out how to best litigate your insurance coverage claim.
Your Family Needs Knowledgeable and Skilled Representation
If your wife, husband, mother, father, son or daughter was injured and denied his or her insurance claim, then contact the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak immediately. You need legal representation that will protect your family’s rights while vigorously fighting on your behalf.
For more than 20 years, Ken Kieklak has stood-up for Arkansas families who have suffered terrible injuries. For your free and confidential consultation, contact the Law Practice of Ken Kieklak by calling (479) 251-7767 or contact us online today.
Disability benefits can come from a few different sources. If your disability insurance is paid through your work, you might be entitled to certain protections that keep you from losing your job. Other disability programs, like the SSDI program paid by the Social...read more
Claiming workers’ compensation and getting the treatment and coverage you need can be stressful. While receiving workers’ comp., you may be anxious to get back to work – or your doctor may tell you that you should return to work earlier than you might expect. In...read more
Every worker wants to know that they are covered under their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Arkansas’ workers’ compensation program provides injured workers with a safety net should they suffer a serious injury while working. However, a worker does not...read more
Workers’ compensation is designed as a safety net for workers who are injured at the workplace. Some workers suffer injuries so severe that they cannot work at all for weeks or months at a time. However, some workers may feel that they are injured enough to receive...read more