Arkansas Broken Bone Injury Lawyers

Arkansas Broken Bone Injury Lawyers

Table of Contents

    Some people pride themselves on going through life without ever having broken a bone. Those people are lucky – because the rest of the population, who has suffered from a broken bone at some point, understands the pain involved. Some broken bone injuries are completely avoidable and only occur because of another party’s negligence.

    If you suffered a broken bone in an accident on someone else’s property, at work, or in a car accident, consider talking to an attorney about your case. Some broken bone injuries are very serious, especially for adults and elders. Repairing broken bones could require expensive surgeries, medical implants like rods and screws, or even full joint replacement. Talk to an attorney today about how you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In Arkansas, Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law, may be able to help you with your case.

    Types of Broken Bone Injuries

    People have heard terms like “fracture” and wondered if that means the same thing a “broken” bone. First, a fracture, crack, or break are all the exact same thing. A fracture is not a lighter version of the same injury, and a crack in your bone is just as serious as any other break. Things like “hairline fractures” may be smaller, less serious breaks that do not cross the entire bone, but they are still serious. Any time you have a broken or fractured bone, you should see a doctor. Treatment may require a cast, brace, or even surgery. Your recovery might put you out of work for four or more weeks, depending on the severity of the injury.

    Sometimes, bones need to be “set” or repositioned after a serious break. When a bone breaks, but remains in the same position, it can appear as a crack across the bone on an X-ray. This is a “non-displaced fracture” or a “stable fracture,” and can often be casted as soon as the swelling goes down. On the other hand, “displaced fractures” often need the bones set by a doctor. This can require imaging or surgery to make sure it is set properly, and will heal correctly. More serious breaks may require pins, rods, and brackets to ensure the bone heals straight. If the bone breaks into three or more pieces, it often requires more surgical intervention to repair these “comminuted fractures.”

    Fractures also have different names depending on whether the bone pierces the skin or not. In some severe fractures, the bone punctures the surrounding skin, requiring medical attention to reset the bone without causing further damage to the skin and muscle tissue, and to repair the wound. These are called “open” or “compound” fractures, and may take longer to heal properly. Because a cast may not always be laid over a healing wound, you may be placed in an immobilizer or other device to keep the bone in position.

    Lastly, you can suffer broken bones in your joints or larger bones as well. Especially for elderly adults, the risk of a broken hip, broken vertebrae, or broken skull are especially dangerous. These bones can shatter into numerous pieces, and may even require full replacement with artificial materials to repair the injury.

    Compensation for Broken Bone Accidents

    The availability of compensation usually depends on how you received the injury. Courts are always available to try to right the wrongs that other people cause through their negligent or intentional bad actions. Filing a lawsuit against the negligent parties is sometimes the best and only course of action available, but there are other ways to seek compensation for your injuries.

    If you were injured at work, you might be able to file for Workers’ Compensation. Arkansas’ Workers’ Compensation program continues to pay injured workers a reduced wage while they are unable to work, and pays for medical expenses. A workers’ comp. attorney can help guide you through filing your claim and fighting denials.

    If you were injured in a car or on someone else’s property, insurance might cover your injuries. Car accidents injuries are often covered by the other, at fault driver’s auto insurance. Similarly, if you were injured on someone else’s property, their homeowner’s or business liability insurance may cover your injuries. If insurance companies offer low settlements that fail to cover your needs, you may have to take them to court.

    For any injury that might keep you out of work permanently, or for longer than a year, you may be able to collect Social Security Disability Insurance. Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law, may be able to help you file your claim for this or any other type of compensation in Arkansas.

    Arkansas Personal Injury Attorney

    Ken Kieklak, Attorney at Law, helps injury victims get the compensation they need to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one suffered a broken bone in an accident or due to someone else’s negligence, talk to an attorney today about your options for compensation. For a free consultation with Ken Kieklak, call (479) 316-0438 today.